Protein diet has long been recognized as one of the most effective methods of losing weight, which allows you to quickly lose those extra pounds. However, this method of dealing with overweight is more suitable for women and men who are used to lead an active lifestyle, including with regular physical exertion.
Effective protein diet
In order not to harm your own body and successfully lose weight, you must adhere to the following rules, which provides a protein diet:
- The maximum duration of the diet is two weeks.
- Meals should always be at the same time.
- On the day you need to drink at least 2 liters of water.
If the portion from the menu seems too large and difficult to handle, then it can be reduced.
Tea and coffee should be drunk without adding sugar.
It is possible during the protein diet to eat any kind of fish. Moreover, it can not only cook, but also fry.
Allowed and prohibited products
Protein diet involves limiting the amount of salt consumed, in addition, you should abandon such foods as:
- All pastry and flour products, including bread.
- Potatoes and other starchy vegetables.
- Sweet fruits and berries.
- Pasta and cereals.
- Fatty meat and dairy products.
- Drinks with added sugar.
As you can see, there are not so many restrictions.
Much more of those products that during the protein diet can be eaten:
- Poultry meat However, you can not eat all the birds in a row, but only a turkey and a chicken.
- Meat of animals: veal, beef, rabbit. You can also eat beef liver.
- All fish and seafood.
- Two eggs per day, but no more.
- Dairy products that have zero percent fat.
- Low-calorie vegetables, their juices.
- Garlic, onions, a wide variety of spices.
- Sugar substitute with vegetable origin.
Calculate the metabolism
To protein diet for 14 days gave a positive result, you must correctly calculate your metabolism. Based on the figure, it will be possible to calculate the daily caloric content of the menu of a particular person. To do this, the result must be added 400-800 kcal, if a person is engaged in physical culture, and 200-300 kcal are added by people leading a sedentary and sedentary lifestyle.
To calculate the metabolism you need to know your weight. To begin with, your own body weight should be divided by 0.425. After that, the resulting figure is multiplied by 0.409, and then by 24. This will be your individual metabolic rate.
There is also an average formula for calculating:
- For women, it looks like this: 0.9 * weight in kg * 24.
- For men: 1.0 * body weight * 24.
There is also an opportunity to calculate the rate of its metabolism according to the Harris-Benedict formula:
- For women: 655 + (weight * 9.6) + (1.8 / height in cm) – (4.7 * age).
- For men: 66 + (weight * 13.7) + (5 * height in cm) – (6.8 * age).
Okroshka on kefir
For its preparation will require the following products:
- Chicken meat or low-fat ham.
- Two boiled eggs.
- Radish – 4 pcs.
- Cucumber – 1 pc.
- Kefir with 0% fat – 0.25 l.
- Mineral water – 1/2 cup.
- Wine vinegar – a tablespoon.
- Parsley and green onions.
To cook okroshka, you will need to grate radishes, and finely chop all other vegetables. Pour the mixture with kefir and mineral water, add wine vinegar.
The following products are required for cooking:
- A pound of beef fillet.
- 0.3 kg of eggplant.
- 0.4 kg tomatoes without peel.
- Garlic clove, parsley.
- 0.5 liters of water.
Eggplants arecut into rings and soaked in salted water for 15 minutes. Tomatoes are cut, laid out in a pan, sprinkled with chopped garlic and parsley on top. Bring water to a boil and boil eggplants in it for 30 minutes.
Half of the vegetables are laid out in a dish, covered with meat, sprinkled on top with the rest of the vegetables. In the oven, the dish is baked for a quarter of an hour.
Classic Greek Shrimp Salad
Products for its preparation:
- 200 g shrimp.
- Cherry tomatoes – 0.2 kg.
- Lettuce – 0.15 kg.
- One Bulgarian pepper.
- Olives – 100 g
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp.
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp. l
- Feta – 150 g.
- Salt, basil, oregano to taste.
Shrimps are boiled and cooled. Lettuce leaves are washed and allowed to drain from them. Feta and Bulgarian pepper are cut into cubes, sliced olives, and tomatoes in half. Spread leaves on the dish, then pepper and olives, followed by tomatoes and cheese. Decorate the salad with shrimps, sprinkle with olive oil, salt, add spices.
Pros and cons of a protein diet for 14 days
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of a protein diet are the following:
- Slimming people for a long period of time after a meal will not experience feelings of hunger.
- Diet allows you to quickly lose weight.
Cons of a protein diet:
- Protein diet can not be called balanced.
- Eat 6 times throughout the day can not every working person.
- During a hunger strike, blood pressure surges are possible.
- Diet must be combined with workouts in the gym. A person does not always have time for this.
- You can repeat the diet no earlier than 30 days.
- In the process of losing weight, the risk of exacerbation of chronic diseases is high.
- During the diet, be sure to take vitamin and mineral complexes.